Hello again, everyone. As you may or may not have noticed, I’ve been out of commission for a little while! But fear not, I’m back and in full force. Last week me and my faithful group members (Nora, Aaron, and Kathi) worked hard on organizing everything for our group project. Our first meeting was relatively brief, but engaging. It allowed us to better gauge what to expect from one another and how to best go forward with our project.
Enter week two and we’re getting everything done for our radio show (in good time, I might add). We’d already created outlines as planned (through a google doc sheet) and recorded on our own, so we’d lain the groundwork pretty firmly. All that was left was to fill in the gaps with the meat and potatoes of our show and to edit everything together seamlessly. Everything else up that point got the editing treatment a la Nora and Aaron had the excellent idea to make an interesting addition to one of our preexisting bumpers.
We used the recording studio of the ITCC and freshly recorded a few things (a host/caller interaction featuring Aaron and myself, for example). In total, we spent nearly 6 hours hard at work on this labor of love. We met again on Thursday to put the final nails in the coffin, so to speak, and finish this project once and for all. I won’t give away any spoilers just yet, so no worries! Everything will be fresh and surprising when the time comes to hear our show. I can easily say that I’m proud of our hard work.