The assignment was to create an original poem, but I took it one step further. I decided to improvise the entire thing!
Now, I do actually write poetry and I wouldn’t call what I did here anything special. BUT I do think this was an interesting challenge for me. Maybe later in the semester I’ll continue to mess around with audio assignments like these. I used my computer’s audio recorder to pick up the sound and, honestly, this took about 5 minutes to complete. I gave myself a couple of tries before I settled on the idea of improvisation, which ultimately lead to our final (beautiful) product.
Here it is!